|/ /1893||Dublin and Kingstown Railway|
Siding laid to the Royal Dublin Society show grounds.
|14/02/1900||Dublin and Wicklow Railway|
Train fails to slow sufficiently and crashes through the end screen of Dublin Harcourt Street station, at the buffer end, resulting in the locomotive hanging over Hatch Street.
|/ /1903||PS Lady Rowena|
Having become the spare boat is rented to the Lochgoil Company. Then sold to Societa di Navigazione a Vapore della Penisola Sorrentina of Naples.
|/ /1953||County Donegal Railways Joint Committee|
Great Northern Railway [Ireland] owned share of the committee transfers to the Coras Iompair Eireann (CIE) and Ulster Transport Authority (UTA).
|/ /1958||Ravenscraig Steel WorksGeneral Terminus and Glasgow Harbour Railway|
General Terminus re-built for importing coal and iron ore as the facilities at Rothesay Dock and the Rothesay Dock Branch (North British Railway and Caledonian Railway) were not sufficient.
|15/05/1958||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway
Forth and Clyde Junction Railway
Blane Valley Railway
Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Stevenson Locomotive Society Railtour travels from Glasgow to Aberfoyle. (Also visiting Kilsyth (Old)).
|13/10/1962||Forth and Clyde Canal|
Glasgow University Railway Society charter Ashton for a trip along the canal
|/ /1964||Dalderse and Springfield Iron Works Branch (North British Railway)|
The Scottish Railway Preservation Society starts to assemble a collection at Springfield Yard.
|/ /1965||Dublin and Antrim Junction Railway|
Re-opened to passengers to carry CIE trains to Londonderry on closure of the route via Omagh.
|16/04/1965||SLS and Branch Line Society|
Organise a brake-van trip around Ayrshire.
|/ /1971||Dalderse and Springfield Iron Works Branch (North British Railway)|
Branch closed to goods traffic but remains open to Springfield Yard for the Scottish Railway Preservation Society.
|/ /1971||Dublin and Kingstown Railway|
Royal Dublin Society show grounds siding (OOU) officially closed.
|/ /1971||County Donegal Railways Joint Committee
Strabane and Letterkenny Railway|
Joint Committee and S&LR are wound up and services passed to bus division of the Coras Iompair Eireann (CIE).
|/08/1974||PS Waverley [IV]|
Having been withdrawn by the Scottish Transport Group, Waverley is sold to the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society for a nominal one pound. The pound was donated by Sir Patrick Thomas, the chairman of the Scottish Transport Group. To now be operated by the Waverley Steam Navigation Company.
|/ /1979||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Scottish Railway Preservation Society starts to build line at Bo'ness.
|/ /1979||Aberdeen Railway|
Brechin Preservation Society formed.
|/ /1980||Cowdenbeath Mine Rescue Team|
Privatised and move to Crossgate. Now specialise in training and respond to Castlebridge Mine emergencies.
|/ /1981||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
New Bo'ness station opened by Scottish Railway Preservation Society.
|/ /1983||Leadhills and Wanlockhead Light Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Leadhills & Wanlockhead Railway Society formed.
|/ /1984||Bristol and Exeter Railway|
Track of Westerleigh Tramway lifted by the Great Western Society.
|/ /1987||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Kinneil station opened by Scottish Railway Preservation Society.
|/ /1987||Dalderse and Springfield Iron Works Branch (North British Railway)|
Scottish Railway Preservation Society stock moved from Springfield Yard to Bo'ness.
|/ /1989||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Birkhill station opened by Scottish Railway Preservation Society.
|/ /1990||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Scottish Railway Preservation Society completes Bo'ness line to Manuel Junction (A station was opened here and the line may be extended to join the Union Canal).
|/ /1999||PS Waverley [IV]|
Beginning of 7 months of renovation at George Prior Engineering, Great Yarmouth. The work cost £4m between 1999-2000 and was funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society (£7m including 2002-2003 work).
Council asks Deeside Railway Preservation Society not to re-open line at Ferryhill. Heritage Centre to be opened next to Duthie Park instead.
Last delivery of a set of track panels to Crathes for partial re-instatement of the line by the Royal Deeside Railway Preservation Society.
|/ /2002||Dunaskin Shed|
The Ayrshire Railway Preservation Society stock is relocated from the Scottish Industrial Railway Centre [1st] to the former Dalmellington Iron Works with a £65,000 grant from the Cumnock and Doon Valley Minerals Trust.
|/ /2004||Deeside Railway|
Royal Deeside Railway Preservation Society re-opens a short portion of the line from Milton of Crathes.
|/08/2011||Inverury and Old Meldrum Junction Railway|
Old Meldrum station dismantling by the Royal Deeside Railway Preservation Society begins. Work continued in April 2012. The building was re-located to Milton of Crathes.
|/ /2020||Doon Valley Railway|
The name Doon Valley Railway is selected by the Ayrshire Railway Preservation Society for the preserved portion of line at Waterside.