This is a two platform station. There was a single storey main station building at the east end of the eastbound platform.
The goods yard was to the east, on the north side of the line.
The station remains open with a footbridge, dating from around 1900, at its west end. Other than the platforms the footbridge (listed C) is the only remainder of the station. The signal box, at the east end of the westbound platform, closed in 1967.
The station is on the coastal margin with the sea just to the south east. Invergowrie, originally just a few houses, has developed around the station.
To the west Easter Mylnefield Quarry is crossed with a viaduct. Further west are the Kingoodie Quarries.
Ninewells Junction [Station]
Offset at Back of Law
Dundee Ward Road
Baldovan and Downfield
| Easter Mylnefield Quarry|
Esplanade Junction Signal Box
Camperdown Jute and Hemp Works
Dundee West MPD
Dundee West Mineral Yard
Dundee Central Junction
Templehall Level Crossing
Firth of Tay
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/10/1979||Perth and Dundee Railway|
5 killed when two trains collide near Invergowrie when one over-runs a signal.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways