Bucksburn

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Buxburn (1854-1897)
Bucksburn (1897-1956)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station.

The main station building was on the northbound platform with a smaller one on the southbound. Both had glazed canopies.

The goods yard was on the south side of the line, accessed via a loop from the line, a siding continuing east to a pair of reversing spurs.

To the east of the station, and yard, was the Twin Spires Creamery which was accessed by a siding on the north side of the line, accessed from the west. This led to a small exchange yard and then sidings at the creamery.

Nothing remains of the station except the southbound platform. The station building and yard site is now housing.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map