This railway was closed in 1959. The line provided a service between Aberfoyle and Dumgoyne. Services continued to Glasgow. Aberfoyle station provided access to the Trossachs and Loch Katrine.
|/ /1880||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway|
Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway authorised.
|01/10/1882||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway|
Line opened for passengers and freight.
|05/08/1891||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle RailwayNorth British Railway|
Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway absorbed by North British Railway.
|/ /1947||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway|
Tramway from Aberfoyle station to Aberfoyle Quarries closed.
|29/09/1951||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway
Forth and Clyde Junction Railway
Blane Valley Railway
Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Kirkintilloch [2nd] (excluded) closed to passengers.
|01/10/1951||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway|
|/ /1958||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway|
Aberfoyle Quarries closed.
|05/10/1959||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle RailwayForth and Clyde Junction RailwayBlane Valley RailwayCampsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Buchlyvie Junction to Gartness Junction to Campsie Glen, Lennox Castle Siding, (excluded) closed to freight. Track not lifted until early 1960s.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This was a two platform station.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop.
This was a single platform station with a small building. There was a passing loop which served a loading bank. The station was built to serve Gartmore House to the south. The platform was on the east side of the line with the signal box on the loading bank on the west side.
This was a single platform terminus with a run round loop, station building with small canopy, small signal box (akin to those on the original section of the West Highland Railway), water tank, turntable, single road, single ended locomotive shed and loading bank lines, north of the line into the station and, like the station, approached from the east. The station was in Aberfoyle itself, ...More details