Gartness Junction (1882-1950)
Opened on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway.
Opened on the Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway.
Here the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway was met by the Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway which used its metals to reach Buchlyvie Junction where it branched off for Aberfoyle.
Both lines were single track but there was a loop on the Dumgoyne route here. The signal box was in the 'V' of the junction.
The junction closed in 1950 with the line west to Gartness and the box closing.
The formation still exists, reverting to nature.
Other railway and industry locations
Drumquharn Tile Works
Dumgoyach Standing Stones
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/10/1959||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle RailwayForth and Clyde Junction RailwayBlane Valley RailwayCampsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Buchlyvie Junction to Gartness Junction to Campsie Glen (Lennox Castle Siding) closed to freight. Track not lifted until early 1960s.