This was a single platform station with single siding at the east end. At the west end was a level crossing. East of the station was Gartness Junction where the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway was met by the Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway which used its metals to reach Buchlyvie Junction where it branched off for Aberfoyle.
The site is now occupied by a house.
| Gartness Viaduct|
Drumquharn Tile Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1934||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Closed to passengers from Balloch (Forth and Clyde Junction [Balloch]) to Gartness Junction and from Buchlyvie Junction to Stirling. The Gartness Junction to Buchlyvie Junction section was used by trains to Aberfoyle and Balfron and Buchlyvie stations remained open. Jamestown, Caldarvan, Drymen, Gartness, Port of Menteith, Kippen and Gargunnock closed to passengers.
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)