Port of Menteith
| Mye Gravel Pit|
Kelty Water Bridge
Forth Viaduct [Gartmore]
Drumquharn Tile Works
Inch Talla Castle
Lake of Menteith
Port of Menteith Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1882||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway|
Line opened for passengers and freight from Dumgoyne to Gartness Junction and Buchlyvie Junction to Aberfoyle. Stations at Killearn, Gartmore and Aberfoyle.
|01/10/1934||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Closed to passengers from Balloch (Forth and Clyde Junction [Balloch]) to Gartness Junction and from Buchlyvie Junction to Stirling. The Gartness Junction to Buchlyvie Junction section was used by trains to Aberfoyle and Balfron and Buchlyvie stations remained open. Jamestown, Caldarvan, Drymen, Gartness, Port of Menteith, Kippen and Gargunnock closed to passengers.
|01/11/1950||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Buchlyvie Junction (excluded) to Mye Siding (excluded) and Drymen (excluded) to Gartness Junction (excluded) closed completely. The F&C line ceased to be a through route.
|29/09/1951||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Closed to passengers from Gartness Junction to Buchlyvie Junction.
|05/10/1959||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway
Forth and Clyde Junction Railway
Blane Valley Railway
Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Buchlyvie Junction to Gartness Junction to Campsie Glen (Lennox Castle Siding) (excluded) closed completely. Track not lifted until early 1960s.
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)