Cardross [F&CJR] (1856-1858)
Port of Menteith (1858-1934)
Opened on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
Port of Menteith was briefly known as Cardross and was renamed to avoid confusion with the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway's station when it opened in 1858.
This was a two platform station of the typical style of the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway. The main station building survives as a residence.
As this station was some way from the Lake of Menteith, Port of Menteith, and the Port of Menteith Pier for Inchmahome Priory, to the north, there was a coach service from the station to the port.
Port of Menteith
Callander Ticket Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Mye Gravel Pit
Kelty Water Bridge
Forth Viaduct [Gartmore]
Inch Talla Castle
Port of Menteith Pier
Lake of Menteith
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|