This goods yard, also known as Cowpark (or Cow Park) Siding, was north of Stirling station on the east side of Stirling's Auction Market at its many cattle pens.
Approach to the goods yard was from the north, from the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway (not directly from the Scottish Central Railway). The F&CJR ran down the east side of the depot. Stirling North Junction was just to the south east where, after remodelling in 1900, the F&CJR joined the SCR. Wallace Street Mineral Depot, to the north, was reached by reversal from Cowpark Goods.
In addition to the cattle traffic, stations on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway received manure from the dung siding in Stirling.
The goods yard closed in 1966, the Stirling relief road being built through its site in 1970.
Bridge of Allan
Bridge of Allan [1st]
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Stirling North Junction|
Forth and Clyde Junction [Stirling]
Shore Road Shed [NB]
Shore Road Goods [NB]
Stirling East Signal Box
Wallace Street Mineral Depot
Stirling Shed [NB]
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SandD]
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SCR]
Stirling New Bridge Signal Box
Shore Road Level Crossing [NB]
Shore Road Level Crossing [CR]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)