Opened on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway.
This was a two platform station. It was a station with a passing loop on a single track line. The station house was on the westbound platform.
To the east of the station, after 1888, was the junction for the line north to Aberfoyle, Buchlyvie Junction. The junction point was immediately to the east of where the loop reduced to a single track. It was further east until 1895.
There was goods yard to the south side of the line, served from the west. The layout was slightly remodelled over the years.
The original station had a single platform, on the north side of the line, and very short loop, probably for goods purposes only.
The line east to Stirling was closed in 1949 and lifted. Closure to passengers came in 1951, after which the loop was converted into a siding, and complete closure came in 1959.
The station house remains in use as a house. The trackbeds running east can be walked.
Port of Menteith
Other railway and industry locations
Mye Gravel Pit
Kelty Water Bridge
Forth Viaduct [Gartmore]
Inch Talla Castle
Lake of Menteith
Port of Menteith Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|