Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway).
This was a two platform station on a double track railway
The platforms passed under the Birdston Road bridge. At the east end of the station, on the north side of the line, was a siding serving a loading bank, approached from the east. The signal box was located where this met the line. The main station building was on the eastbound platform, for Glasgow Queen Street High Level via Lenzie.
To the west a siding, served from the east, ran to the Lillyburn Printworks on the north side of the line. A tramway ran north from this siding to the Glorat Lime Works.
To the south of the station a siding, on the west side, served the Kincaid Printworks. The was accessed from the north.
The box closed in 1930 and station in 1951. The line itself closed in 1966.
The platforms remain intact, although the bridge has been replaced by a large concrete pipe.
Back O Loch Halt
Bridgend [M and K]
| Lillyburn Print Works|
Kincaid Print Works
Glorat Lime Works
Kelvin Valley East Junction
Kelvin Valley West Junction
Inchbelly Sand Siding
Balquharrage Sand Siding
Underwood Chemical Works
Campsie Alum works
Blane Valley Junction
Kirkintilloch Gas Works [1st]
Inchterf Gun Range
Meiklehill Colliery Quay
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/07/1848||Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Campsie Branch opened from Lenzie (called Campsie Junction) to Lennoxtown [1st]. Stations at; Campsie Junction, Kirkintilloch [2nd], Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown [1st].
|29/09/1951||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway
Forth and Clyde Junction Railway
Blane Valley Railway
Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Kirkintilloch [2nd] (excluded) closed to passengers. Passenger stations closed at Aberfoyle, Gartmore, Buchlyvie, Balfron, Killearn, Dumgoyne, Blanefield, Strathblane, Campsie Glen, Lennoxtown [2nd], Milton of Campsie closed.