This was a single platform station on a single track line.
The platform was on the north side of the line and there was a siding at the east end, in a bay bay approached from the east.
The station has been obliterated but the station house, which was to the immediate north of the station, remains as a private house.
Campsie Glen Hospital was to the south.
Milton of Campsie
Back O Loch Halt
| Lennox Castle Siding|
Lennoxmill Print Works
Blane Valley Junction
Campsie Alum works
Underwood Chemical Works
Glorat Lime Works
Blairskaith Limestone Mine
Lillyburn Print Works
Dunglass Quarry Siding
Lennox Castle Hospital
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/10/1959||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle RailwayForth and Clyde Junction RailwayBlane Valley RailwayCampsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Buchlyvie Junction to Gartness Junction to Campsie Glen, Lennox Castle Siding, (excluded) closed to freight. Track not lifted until early 1960s.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland