This was a single platform station. The platform was on the south side of the line. The station building was of North British Railway style, with a timber canopy over the platform. This was the second station building on the same site. A small signal cabin (removed by 1914) was to the west of the original smaller station building.
Opposite the platform was a siding, approached from the west, on the north side of the running line. This served a dock equipped with a crane. There was no passing loop.
When opened there was were little housing here, just the nearby houses at Edenkill (to the west) and the Kirkhouse Inn (to the north).
A station cottage was added before 1914, on the north side of the goods siding.
The station closed to passengers in 1951. The line closed in 1959.
Neither the platform nor the station building have survived (the station building burned down). The railway cottage still stands, now a private house. The eastern abutment of the bridge over Milngavie Road, the A81, remains. The road has been re-aligned, slightly to the west, and widened.
Dunglass Quarry Siding was to the east and to the west was Dumbrock Siding and the bigger station Blanefield.
| Dumbrock Works|
Dunglass Quarry Siding
Blanefield Print Works
Mugdock Country Park Visitors Centre
Dumgoyach Standing Stones
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/07/1867||Blane Valley Railway|
Opened for passengers. Stations at Lennoxtown [2nd], Campsie Glen, Strathblane, Blanefield and Killearn [1st].
|29/09/1951||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway
Forth and Clyde Junction Railway
Blane Valley Railway
Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Kirkintilloch [2nd] (excluded) closed to passengers. Passenger stations closed at Aberfoyle, Gartmore, Buchlyvie, Balfron, Killearn, Dumgoyne, Blanefield, Strathblane, Campsie Glen, Lennoxtown [2nd], Milton of Campsie closed.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland