Lenzie

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Kirkintilloch Junction (1848-1849)
Campsie Junction (1849-1867)
Lenzie Junction (1867-1890)
Lenzie (1890-)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.

Open on the Glasgow to Perth.


Description

This is a two platform station.

The station was the junction for the Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway). The junction was at the east end of the station. From the same junction a line also dropped to the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway where the line ran south east.

The former signal box here bore a strong resemblance to that at St Boswells, having been extended out at the front.

03/12/2017

Tags

Station