Garngaber Low Junction (1844-1895)
Opened on the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway.
Opened on the Garngaber Curve (Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway).
This was the junction between the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway and the curve up to the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway's at Garngaber High Junction. The line dropped quite steeply from the high junction down to the older line and had a fairly tight curve to negotiate before running parallel for a little way to reach the junction.
The junction was between East Claddens and Craigenbay.
The box and junction closed in 1895, a second line was laid east from here to Bridgend Junction and the two lines ran as parallel single track railways to that junction, giving the appearance of a double track railway.
Back O Loch Halt
Bridgend [M and K]
Milton of Campsie
Other railway and industry locations
Garngaber Low Junction
Woodilee Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Kirkintilloch Gas Works [2nd]
Whitegates Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|