This was a two platform station with a passing loop. A goods yard was approached from the east end and there was a level crossing at the west end. The station house and goods shed remains standing. To the east was the Drymen Viaduct over the River Endrick. The station is in Croftamie some way south of Drymen itself.
With the closure to passengers the signal box was reduced to a gate box. The route east to Gartness Junction was closed in 1949 and the line closed completely here in 1959.
| Drymen Viaduct|
Drumquharn Tile Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1934||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Closed to passengers from Balloch (Forth and Clyde Junction [Balloch]) to Gartness Junction and from Buchlyvie Junction to Stirling. The Gartness Junction to Buchlyvie Junction section was used by trains to Aberfoyle and Balfron and Buchlyvie stations remained open. Jamestown, Caldarvan, Drymen, Gartness, Port of Menteith, Kippen and Gargunnock closed to passengers.
|01/11/1950||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Buchlyvie Junction (excluded) to Mye Siding (excluded) and Drymen (excluded) to Gartness Junction (excluded) closed completely. The F&C line ceased to be a through route.
|05/10/1959||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Jamestown (excluded) to Drymen closed completely.
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)