Kilsyth [1st] (1878-1888)
Kilsyth (Old) (1888-1951)
Opened on the Kelvin Valley Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
The first station in Kilsyth was a single platform terminus to the west of the town. There was a loop, with the platform on the north side, and a goods yard to the north, all approached from the west where Kilsyth Shed was located.
When the line was extended east by the Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway this started from west of the terminus leaving it on a short branch. The new line ascended onto an embankment to pass through this part of the town, this embankment being to the south of the station. Kilsyth (New), a through station, was to the east.
The original station was retained and trains from Queen Street High Level continued to call. It survived the second station.
There was a connection to Baird's Private Railway to the south of the embankment and terminus.
The site is now a swimming baths having been vacant and used as a park until the late 1980s.
Milton of Campsie
Back O Loch Halt
Bridgend [M and K]
Other railway and industry locations
Haugh Colliery No 1
Kilsyth Gas Works
Haugh Coke works
Coke Works and Chemical Works
Neilston Coke Works
Barrwood Colliery Pit No 2
Auchinvole Sand Quarry
Barrwood Colliery Pit No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|