Kilsyth (New)

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Kilsyth (New) (1888-1935)

Opened on the Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway.


Description

This was a single platform through station. The platform was to the north of the running line and the station building was a typical North British Railway design with a platform awning.

There was a short siding at the east end of the station, served from the east.

The station was to the east of the original Kilsyth (Old) station which survived it.

The site is now a garage.

08/04/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map