This was a single platform station with no passing loop. The platform was on the south side of the line and there was a small station building. It was crossed at the west end by Station Road. There was a goods yard at the east end, with a siding approached from the east. To the north was Knowehead Colliery with sidings served from the east.
The station was not in Dennyloanhead itself, but further west at Longcroft.
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
| Knowehead Colliery|
New Bonnyrigg Pit
Upper Bonnyrigg Pit
Castlecary Fireclay Works
Banknock Colliery Cannerton Pit
Broomrigg Colliery Pit No 2
Banknock Colliery Livingstone Pit
Greenhill Upper Junction
Greenhill South Signal Box
Castlecary Roman Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|02/07/1888||Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway|
Railway opened to passengers and freight. Line operated by both the North British Railway and Caledonian Railway. Stations at Kilsyth (New), Colzium, Banknock, Dennyloanhead, Bonnybridge Central.
|01/02/1935||Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway|
Bonnywater Junction (excluded) to Dennyloanhead (excluded) closed to all traffic.
|01/03/1956||Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway|
Dennyloanhead to Banknock (excluded) closed to freight.