Colzium

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Colzium (1888-1917)

Opened on the Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway.


Description

This was a single platform station to the east of Kilsyth [2nd] which served Colzium House, just to the north.

The station was on a single track line with a platform on the south side of the line, loading bank siding on the north side of the line and goods shed siding at the east end of the station. The two sidings were approached from the east.

To the east and west of the station the railway crossed the remains of an earlier tramway (Craigmarloch and Colzium Tramway - name uncertain)) which served server coal pits and ran to a quay on the Forth and Clyde Canal. A portion of the Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway used the trackbed of the old tramway to the east of the station.

The station site is overgrown. A railway cottage remains to the north of its site.

Local

Colzium House


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map