Bonnybridge Central (1888-1935)
Opened on the Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway.
This was a single platform station with a goods yard at its east end. The platform was on the south side of the single track. There was a long loop to the east of the station.
About a third of the way west along the loop was a crossover. At this point there was a goods yard, served from the east, a signal box (opened with the station east of it on the south/east side), and a single road locomotive shed and turntable (Bonnybridge Shed) served from the west. All were to the south of the loop.
The box was replaced in 1896.
The station, box and line closed in 1935, it was closed between Banknock and Bonnywater Junction.
The station was close to the Royal Hotel (just to the north east). The station site is now a public garden.
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Chattan Stove and Iron Works
Broomrigg Colliery Pit No 2
Greenhill Lower Junction
Milnquarter Brick Works
Dykehead Firebrick Works
Greenhill Goods [CR]
Greenhill Shed [CR]
Bonnyside Brick Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|