This was the junction where the Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway met the Kelvin Valley Railway. Kilsyth Shed was located to the north, approached from the junction to the east.
The junction left Kilsyth (Old) on a short branch from the junction. The terminus did not close to passengers and remained open after the Bonnybridge route had closed to passengers.
East of the junction and to the south was a connection to the Bairds of Gartshore's Railway.
A signal box opened with the junction in 1888 on the north side of the junction. The box was on the west side of a footbridge over the line.
The line closed to passengers in 1951. The box closed in 1958 and the line closed altogether in 1964.
The trackbed is now a footpath. The path which ran to the footbridge, down from Glasgow Road to Duncansfield, still exists.
Milton of Campsie
Back O Loch Halt
| Kilsyth Shed|
Haugh Colliery No 1
Haugh Coke Works
Kilsyth Gas Works
Coke Works and Chemical Works
Auchinvole Sand Quarry
Neilston Coke Works
Barrwood Colliery Pit No 2
Barrwood Colliery Pit No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/02/1935||Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway
Denny Branch (Scottish Central Railway)|
Larbert Junction to Kilsyth (New) to Kilsyth Junction closed to passengers.
|04/05/1964||Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway|
Banknock to Kilsyth Junction (excluded) closed to freight.
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland