Opened on the City of Glasgow Union Railway.
Open on the Glasgow to Cumbernauld via Duke Street.
This is a four platform station. Two platforms are through lines and two are bays served from the south east.
Formerly the Sighthill Branch bypassed the station on its south west side, those lines being lifted in the 1990s.
The relatively new Sighthill West Junction, for the Cowlairs Chord, is to the north west and Sighthill East Junction (formerly Sighthill Junction) is to the south east.
An original street level building survives, designed by James Carsewell.
There was a goods yard on the north east side, served from the south east.
Two locomotive works were nearby - Hyde Park Works [2nd] to the south west and Atlas Works [2nd] to the north east. Both are now closed.
Springburn signal box was at the north/west end of the station, located on the east side of the railway and north of Springburn Road (on the east side of today's A803). It operated trailing crossovers on the CGU and the Sighthill Goods lines. There was an exit from the south end of Turkey Yard which lay on the west side of the Sighthill Goods line. The location is now Sighthill West Junction. The box closed in 1956, replaced by Cowlairs Power Box.
St Rollox [2nd]
St Rollox [1st]
Possilpark and Parkhouse
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
Other railway and industry locations
Hyde Park Works [2nd]
Atlas Works [2nd]
Sighthill West Junction
Sighthill East Junction
Cowlairs Mineral Yard
Sighthill Goods Junction
Cowlairs Carriage Sidings
Sighthill Yard Junction
Cowlairs South Junction
Sighthill West Junction [1st]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|