Cowlairs Panel Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Cowlairs Panel Box (1956-1998)


Description

The box opened in the northern 'V' of the junction at Cowlairs West Junction in 1956. It replaced several signal boxes:

1956

Bishopbriggs
Cadder West Signal Box
Cowlairs Central (north end of Cowlairs station)
Cowlairs East Junction
Cowlairs North Junction
Cowlairs Station (south end of Cowlairs station)
Cowlairs West Junction
Springburn

1967

Glasgow Queen Street High Level

It closed in 1998, replaced by Cowlairs Signalling Centre.

06/06/2019

Tags

Signal box panel box resignalling