Location type


Name and dates

Bishopbriggs (1842-)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.

Open on the Glasgow to Perth.


This is a two platform station on the Edinburgh and Glasgow main line and is served by local trains. The main building is on the Glasgow bound platform. The station crosses over Crowhill Drive on a bridge. It is located at Bishopbriggs Cross.

There were North British Railway style timber and brick buildings on each platform and an original stone built station building on the Edinburgh platform of two storeys at a slight angle to both railway and roadway below. These buildings have not survived and the present station building is modern.

There was a small goods yard at the east end of the station, on the south side of the line and approached from the west.

The station had two signal boxes, one at the passenger station, Bishopbriggs West, and another at the goods yard, Bishopbriggs East. The former closed around 1914-17 and the later closed in 1956 when absorbed by the Cowlairs resignalling.

The station has no car park.



External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67