This junction was to the south of Alexandria Parade station. Two forks of the City of Glasgow Union Railway came together here. To the south west was the line from High Street Junction, St Enoch, Shields and Gorbals. To the south east was the route to Parkhead North Junction. Between these was Haghill Goods and the line to the Haghill Destructor. The signal box was located in the 'V' of the junction. To the north the line continued to Springburn and Cowlairs West Junction.
The High Street Junction, Parkhead North Junction and Springburn lines were all double track. The goods yard line ran south down the east side of the signal box. A siding from this continued east alongside the Parkhead line to the Parkhead Destructor.
The box closed in 1960, around the time of electrification of the south west to north line, with the junction then being controlled from Garngad box which was to burn down in 1968. The Parkhead North Junction route closed in 1981.
The High Street Junction to Springburn portion remains open and electrificed.
London Road [Glasgow]
St Rollox [2nd]
| Haghill Goods|
Duke Street Tunnels
Netherfield Chemical Works
Camlachie Goods Yard
Blochairn Steel Works
Camlachie Signal Box
Parkhead Junction [CR]
Bellgrove Coal Depot
Bellgrove Cattle Bank North
Parkhead North Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|16/08/1875||City of Glasgow Union Railway|
Bellgrove to Springburn opened for goods, Haghill Junction to Parkhead Junction opened.
|/ /1981||City of Glasgow Union Railway|
Haghill Junction to Parkhead North closed.