Shields

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Shields (1885-1924)

Opened on the Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).


Description

This was a two platform station. To the east, beyond the Shields Road overbridge, was Shields Signal Box. The station was on the original Paisley Canal line before its route was altered to approach Glasgow Central rather than Glasgow St Enoch.

The platforms were canopied with a booking office on Shields Road to the east.

There was no goods yard.

The station closed in 1924 and Shields Signal Box closed in 1934.


Tags

Station