Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow and Coatbridge Branch (North British Railway).
This was a two platform station. To the south were two goods lines, and a yard. To the east was Parkhead Shed and Parkhead Junction [NB].
Before the goods lines were laid in the station's good yard was at its east end, south side of the line and accessed from the east. With the quadrupling of the railway with the addition of the goods lines the site was needed. It was replaced with Parkhead North Goods which was on the City of Glasgow Union Railway just to the north of the station.
To the west two bridges crossed Duke Street - the north bridge carrying two passenger lines, the south bridge carrying two goods lines. The sizeable Parkhead Forge was to the south, served by the line.
West of the station the line was crossed by a long viaduct of the The Switchback (Caledonian Railway) which also crossed Duke Street. That line also served the forge approaching from Parkhead Junction [CR] to the south. The bridge was removed after closure of the former Caledonian line.
London Road [Glasgow]
| Parkhead North Goods|
Parkhead Junction [NB]
Camlachie Signal Box
Netherfield Chemical Works
Parkhead Railway Wheel and Axle Works
Parkhead Junction [CR]
Parkhead Crane Works
Carntyne Iron and Steel Works
Parkhead Tram Depot
Carntyne Dyewood Mills
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|19/09/1955||Coatbridge Branch (North British Railway)|
Parkhead North station closed.
|/ /1981||City of Glasgow Union Railway|
Haghill Junction to Parkhead North closed.