Parkhead Junction [CR] (1886-1962)
Opened on the The Switchback (Caledonian Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This junction was controlled by Parkhead Iron Works signal box, the box and sidings opening with the line.
The signal box was on the south/east side of the line and sidings approached from the south.
The original connection into the works ran north east, at first parallel with the main line, to meet the North British Railway's connection into the works. There were exchange sidings laid parallel to the main line in the 'V' of the junction.
A later connection was laid from a second point just south west of the original. This ran east into the works.
The box closed in 1962. The line closed in 1964.
Nothing now remains here. The site is a road and car park.
London Road [Glasgow]
Other railway and industry locations
Camlachie Signal Box
Netherfield Chemical Works
Parkhead North Goods
Camlachie Goods Yard
Duke Street Tunnels
Parkhead Junction [NB]
London Road Tunnel
Bellgrove Coal Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|