Parkhead Shed (1875-1965)
Opened on the Glasgow and Coatbridge Branch (North British Railway).
This shed was south of the Glasgow and Coatbridge Railway (North British Railway) and east of Parkhead North station. It was a double ended shed and access was from the west and east.
British Railways assigned the code 65C.
Closure came in 1965. The site is now a travellers community.
The shed probably opened somewhere in the range 1860 to around 1875 with Parkhead Junction [NB] and was sited to serve both lines and traffic to the Parkhead Forge. Locomotives worked the coal trains of the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway.
London Road [Glasgow]
Other railway and industry locations
Parkhead Junction [NB]
Parkhead Tram Depot
Parkhead Junction [CR]
Victoria Biscuit Works
Lilybank Boiler Works
North British Bottle Works
Frankfield Brick Works
Camlachie Goods Yard
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|