Opened on the City of Glasgow Union Railway.
This was a four platform station of two islands. The northbound island platform was quite narrow. Platforms were under Garngad road, with the larger part to the north.
Closure of the station in 1910 allowed the signal box to be moved south in 1911 to the site of the former southbound island and the development of Garngad Yard (a series of dead end sidings, approached from the south for which a new subsidiary box opened south of the station in 1904) to the north, east of the line. Garngad Goods was located to the south of the station, west of the line, curving off from the station with tracks running to the west.
Further south again there were lines on either side of the railway leading to the Blochairn Steel Works from the west.
This signal box closed in 1968, shortly after a fire.
There is little to be seen of the former station but the line remains open here as a modern electrified railway.
St Rollox [2nd]
St Rollox [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
St Rollox Works Shed
St Rollox Top Yard
Sighthill East Junction [1st]
St Rollox Works Paint Shop
Blochairn Steel Works
Germiston Junction Low
St Rollox Goods East
Sighthill West Junction [1st]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|