Location type


Names and dates

Kilbowie Road (1896-1908)
Kilbowie (1908-1964)

Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.


This was an island platform station on a raised line to the west of Kilbowie Road and just south of the Forth and Clyde Canal across which was the Singer Works. A swing bridge was built to the west of the station to give access to the works but was never brought into use after a legal argument with the North British Railway.

The goods station was on the east side of Kilbowie Rod, on the south side of the line and approach from the west.

The line to the east of the station used a short infilled section of the Forth and Cart Canal to reach Clydebank Riverside station.


Station island platform