Yoker [CR] (1896-1953)
Yoker Ferry (1953-1964)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was an island platform station with a building typical of the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway. The line was on a raised embankment.
To the east, on the south side of the line, were sidings for Yoker Power Station which were expanded over the years.
The west end of the station crossed Green Road on a bridge. The east end of the station was built on a bridge over the Rothesay Dock Branch (North British Railway and Caledonian Railway) with Green Road Signal Box to the west where the lines fanned out into the yard serving the dock and Clydebank Dock West Junction to the east where the line from Scotstoun West Junction (the Caledonian Railway connection) met the line from Clydebank Dock East Junction (the North British Railway connection.
The station was later known as Yoker Ferry for Renfrew.
Renfrew Fulbar Street
Other railway and industry locations
Yoker Green Road Junction
Yoker Power Station
Clydebank Dock West Junction
Albion Motors Ltd
Clydebank Dock East Junction
East Barns of Clyde Shipyard
Yoker Shed [CR]
Clyde Trust Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)