Yoker Shed [CR] (1907-1964)
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two road single ended shed on the north side of the Caledonian Railway portion of the Rothesay Dock Branch. The shed was served from the east. The shed's locomotives were used at the dock as well as travelling with cattle from the Merklands Lairage to Gorgie Cattle Market [CR] and taking imported iron ore to the Gartsherrie Iron Works.
British Railways assigned the code 65G.
The shed was closed in 1964 (some sources say 1961). The site is now a football pitch and housing estate.
Renfrew Fulbar Street
Scotstoun Show Yard
Other railway and industry locations
Yoker Signalling Centre
Scotstoun West No 3 GF
Clydebank Dock Junction
Clydebank Dock Yard
Clydebank Dock West Junction
Yoker Power Station
Albion Motors Ltd
Yoker Green Road Junction
Clyde Trust Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|