Yoker Power Station (1905-1976)
Served by the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
This coal fired power station was located to the south of the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway which served it, via a reversal. Yoker Ferry station was to the immediate west. The site was bounded to the south by the River Clyde.
The power station was opened by the Clyde Valley Electric Power Co Ltd.
Renfrew Fulbar Street
Other railway and industry locations
Yoker Green Road Junction
Clydebank Dock West Junction
Clydebank Dock Yard
Albion Motors Ltd
Yoker Shed [CR]
East Barns of Clyde Shipyard
Yoker Signalling Centre
Clyde Trust Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)