The terminus of the line from Paisley Hamilton Street was at a quay by the River Clyde, to the west of the Renfrew Ferry.
The track was not standard gauge, but 4 ft 6 in, two inches narrower than Standard Gauge.
This was some distance from Renfrew itself, nearly two miles from Renfrew Cross. Because of this Renfrew Fulbar Street opened in 1866, much closer to the town and the terminus was given a new name, Renfrew Wharf. At the same time the line was re-gauged to Standard Gauge.
The station was rebuilt several times. At one stage it had a small trainshed. Latterly it had a single platform, on the west side of a loop, with carriage sidings behind it to the west. The quay was damaged by bombing in the Second World War.
Sidings were laid to several works and the bridge carrying Meadowside Street over the line extended as further lines opened. To the west the London Works was served and to the east a line ran to the Renfrew Ferry.
To the south of the station was Meadowside Junction where the lines divided and the signal box was located.
By closure the site was somewhat bleak. Industrial use since closure has removed most of the remains except the road bridges to the south.
Renfrew Fulbar Street
| Renfrew Oil Refinery|
Yoker Power Station
Yoker Green Road Junction
Clydebank Dock West Junction
Engineering and Shipbuilding Works
Blythswood Signal Box
East Barns of Clyde Shipyard
Clydebank Dock Yard
Clyde Trust Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|03/04/1837||Paisley and Renfrew Railway|
Opened. This 4ft 6in line ran from Paisley Hamilton Street (near the later Paisley Abercorn) to Renfrew Wharf. Locomotives were used.
|/ /1958||Paisley and Renfrew Railway|
Renfrew Wharf closed to goods (except oil traffic).
|05/06/1967||Paisley and Renfrew Railway|
Renfrew Wharf to Arkleston Junction (excluded) closed to passengers.