Renfrew Fulbar Street (1866-1967)
Opened on the Paisley and Renfrew Railway.
This two platform station was opened on the western edge of Renfrew when the railway was re-gauged, doubled and connected to the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway. The station was closer to the town than the terminus Renfrew Wharf which was on the south bank of the River Clyde to the north.
The main station building was on the southbound platform (the town side). The goods yard, on the east side and south of the station, and approached from the south, was expanded as the town grew.
The Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway opened in 1903 and crossed over the line to the north.
The station building is now a house. The goods yard is now housing. The trackbed is not intact, but a bridge carrying Inchinnan Road over the former line survives to the south.
Other railway and industry locations
Clyde Trust Siding
Yoker Power Station
Yoker Green Road Junction
East Barns of Clyde Shipyard
Clydebank Dock West Junction
Braehead Power Station
Clyde Rubber Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|