Dalmuir [CR] (1896-1952)
Dalmuir Riverside (1952-1964)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a spacious four platform station, two being terminal platforms on the north side and the main route being served by an island platform.
To the south was the Beardmore Naval Construction Yard and, later, Turners Asbestos Cement Works.
Some time after closure to passengers, in 1964, the sidings to the south became used by Arnott and Young [Dalmuir] for scrap wagons. The line, in use from a new 1973 connection from Clydebank Central Junction through to Chivas Bros Siding closed officially in 1993. The site of the station has now been cleared and partly built over, although the road overbridge to the west remains.
Singer Workers Platforms
Other railway and industry locations
Turners Asbestos Cement Works
Singer Timber Yard
Dalmuir No 25 Tunnel
Dalmuir No 23 Tunnels
Dalmuir Park Junction
Dalmuir Sewage Purification Works
Chivas Bros Siding
Chivas Bros Bond
Clydebank Central Junction
Newshot Island Wrecks
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)