Old Kilpatrick

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Old Kilpatrick (1896-1964)

Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station in slight cutting below road level. There were Caledonian Railway style buildings on the platforms and ramps to street level.

The goods yard was to the east, served from the eat and on the south side of the line. Sidings ran to several works including the Dunnotter Oil Terminal and Arnott and Young [Old Kilpatrick].

The cutting has been largely infilled.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map