Victoria Park (1896-1900)
Scotstoun [2nd] (1900-1952)
Scotstoun East (1952-1964)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was an island platform station on a raised embankment. The Whiteinch Tramway passed below. The station building was typical of the line.
There was a goods yard to the south of the station on the Clydeside Tramway which was served from Scotstoun West to the east and Partick West to the east. There was no closer connection.
The Scotstoun Shipbuilding Yard was to the south]].
Whiteinch Victoria Park
Scotstoun Show Yard
King George V Dock Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Scotstoun Shipbuilding Yard
North British Engine Works
Clydeside Iron Works
Scotstoun Iron Works
Albion Motor Works
Harland and Wolff Engineering Works
King George V Dock
Clydeholm Shipbuilding Yard
Blythswood Shipbuilding Yard
Scotstoun West Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)