Crow Road

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Crow Road (1896-1960)

Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.

Description


As was

This was an island platform station with a platform level and street level building on Clarence Drive above. A line ran from the east side of the station to a reversing spur to give access to Partickhill Goods [CR]. There were several sidings in the 'V' of the junction of the connecting line, to the north and on the east side of the station.

A signal box opened with the station, on the east side of the station by the connecting line junction.

The station closed to passengers in 1960 and the box and line closed in 1966.


Today

Today only the south end of the island platform remains intact under the Clarence Drive overbridge. It is much overgrown and a large amount of rubble and material has been dumped on the trackbed.

Tags

Station
08/07/2019



Dates

01/10/1896Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway
Line opened to passengers. Dumbarton East, Bowling [CR], Old Kilpatrick, Dalmuir [CR], Kilbowie Road, Clydebank [CR], Yoker [CR], Scotstoun West, Scotstoun East, Whiteinch [CR], Partick West, Crow Road stations opened.
06/11/1960Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway
Crow Road closed.
  /  /1970Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway
Crow Road station buildings demolished.

Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)

An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways

The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)