Balornock Junction (1894-1965)
Opened on the Hamiltonhill Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Opened on the The Switchback (Caledonian Railway).
This was a four way double track junction.
From here a line ran west to Germiston Junction Low (1886), south to Blackhill Junction (same line, 1886), north west to Possil Junction (1894) and east to Robroyston West Junction (1896).
Between these lines and the main line, the former Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway, was Balornock Shed.
All lines have now closed with the exception of the main line to the south. The signal box closed in 1966 although the site had already ceased to be a junction in 1965. The line to Blackhill Junction and beyond closed in 1964, to Possil Junction in 1965, and the site closed completely in 1966.
The site is currently wasteland with housing developments moving steadily closer. The site has been landscaped. The M80 occupies part of the site of the lines to the east and south.
St Rollox [2nd]
St Rollox [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Milton Junction [Glasgow]
Germiston Junction High
Robroyston Brick Works
Germiston Junction Low
Robroyston West Junction
Sighthill East Junction [1st]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|