This 14 road shed replaced the cramped sheds at St Rollox Works and Buchanan Street. It was known as Balornock Shed in Caley and LMS days and St Rollox by British Railways.
The shed was hemmed in by railways on all sides (the Garnkirk and Glasgow to the south and Hamiltonhill Branch to the north), except the west which was bounded by Broomfield Road. Access to the shed was from the east.
British Railways assigned the code 65B.
After many years of being a vacant site, the location is being redeveloped for housing. The site was overlooked from the west by the Red Road flats, now demolished.
St Rollox [2nd]
| Balornock Junction|
Anchor Chemical works
Germiston Junction High
Germiston Junction Low
Milton Junction [Glasgow]
Sighthill East Junction [1st]
Robroyston Brick Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|29/06/1914||Buchanan Street Extension (Caledonian Railway)|
Authorisation to build Balornock Shed between Germiston Junction Low and Milton Junction [Glasgow]. Sometimes known as St Rollox for the shed it replaced.
|13/11/1916||Buchanan Street Extension (Caledonian Railway)|
Balornock Shed opened.
|/ /1940||Scottish Central Railway|
Stirling Shed [CR] coded 31B from Balornock Shed.