Germiston Junction Low (1886-1966)
Opened on the The Switchback (Caledonian Railway).
Opened on the Buchanan Street Extension (Caledonian Railway).
This was the junction between the Buchanan Street to Milton Junction line and the line to Balornock Junction with lines to Dumbarton Central, Robroyston West Junction and south to Rutherglen by The Switchback (Caledonian Railway). The link, and the line to Buchanan Street, closed in 1966.
This junction shared a box, 'Germiston Junction', with Germiston Junction High, immediately alongside to the south. The Low junction was operated by the 'Main Frame'. The box closed in 1966.
St Rollox [2nd]
St Rollox [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Germiston Junction High
Sighthill East Junction [1st]
St Rollox Works Shed
St Rollox Top Yard
Anchor Chemical works
Sighthill Yard Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|30/11/1968||Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway|
Sighthill East Junction to Germiston Junction Low closed.