This was the junction between the Milton Junction to St Rollox [1st] (the original terminus) line and The Switchback line south to Rutherglen. This curve closed in 1962.
This junction shared a box, ^Germiston Junction^, with Germiston Junction Low, immediately alongside to the north. The High junction was operated by the ^Goods Frame^. The box closed in 1966.
St Rollox [2nd]
| Germiston Junction Low|
Sighthill East Junction [1st]
Provan Gas Works Headshunt
Anchor Chemical works
Provan Gas Works
St Rollox Works Shed
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|26/11/1884||Blochairn Steel Works Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Line opened from between Germiston Junction High and Blochairn Steel Works.
|/ /1899||Provan Gas Works|
Agreement made between the Caledonian Railway and Glasgow Corporation for access to Provan Gas Works. (Connections from Germiston Junction High, incoming, and Blackhill Junction, outgoing.)