Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the The Switchback (Caledonian Railway).
This junction was at the south end of London Road [Glasgow] passenger (1879) and goods (1877) stations and was where The Switchback (Caledonian Railway) of 1885 extended the Dalmarnock Branch Extension (Caledonian Railway) of 1877.
This was a double track junction controlled by a brick built signal box, opened with the junction, on the west side of the junction. Approach to the Switchback was from the south.
The London Road [Glasgow] passenger terminus closed in 1895 with the opening of the Glasgow Central Railway.
Sidings were added on the east side of the junction, accessed from the north from the Switchback.
The Switchback closed in 1964, London Road goods remained open. The box closed in 1968. The line was reduced to a single track and London Road goods closed in 1993.
The site has been obliterated by redevelopment for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow of 2014. The site is now a road, 'Clyde Gateway'.
London Road [Glasgow]
| Dalmarnock Iron Works|
Dalmarnock Iron Works Siding
Dalmarnock Gas Works
Dalmarnock Road Tunnel
Bridgeton Gas Works
London Road Tunnel
Dalmarnock Power Station
Strathclyde Paper Works
Clyde Viaduct [Rutherglen]
Clyde Viaduct [Rutherglen] [1st]
Bridgeton Bank Yard
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|