A new station opened at Robroyston in 2019, a little east of the original station. Work started in September 2018. The new station will be built on the site of its predecessor with the car park on some of the former Robroyston Yard. It will be Glasgow^s 60th station.
This was a two platform station with Robroyston Yard to the north. The station opened with the yard just north of Millarston. Robroyston is to the north, further away.
The main station building was on the Glasgow bound platform with a smaller on the eastbound platform. Both buildings were canopied. There was a small goods yard at the west end, south side of the line and approached from the west.
Just west of the station a very long footbridge crossed the line and yard sidings. It was longer than was necessary, to allow expansion of the yard.
Foundations of the main building remain but little else remains intact. The yard site is now very overgrown and tree lined. Since closure Millarston has expanded.
St Rollox [2nd]
| Robroyston Yard|
Robroyston East Junction
Robroyston West Junction
Milton Junction [Glasgow]
Robroyston Brick Works
Robroyston Coal Pit
Robroyston Brick and Tile Works
Anchor Chemical works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|11/03/1896||Robroyston Marshalling Yard and Colliery Branches (Caledonian Railway)|
Balornock Junction to Robroyston opened.
|01/11/1898||Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway|
Robroyston station opened. The station cost £14m to re-build.