A marshalling yard was laid out to the north of Robroyston station. It was approached by goods lines from both west (Balornock Junction) and east (Robroyston East Junction).
The yard made use of an earlier branch to the Robroyston Colliery, connecting to this branch at its east end.
Following the closure of the Robroyston Colliery Robroyston Hospital was opened, served by a branch from the former colliery line.
|11/03/1896||Robroyston Marshalling Yard and Colliery Branches (Caledonian Railway)|
Balornock Junction to Robroyston opened.
|11/03/1896||Hamiltonhill Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Robroyston Marshalling Yard and Colliery Branches (Caledonian Railway)|
Balornock Junction to Robroyston Yard opened.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This was a four way double track junction. From here a line ran west to Germiston Junction Low (1886), south to Blackhill Junction (same line, 1886), north west to Possil Junction (1894, box opened) and east to Robroyston West Junction (1896).
This marshalling yard was on the eastern approaches to Glasgow at Robroyston. Its opening allowed the marshalling of trains to and from Glasgow Buchanan Street Goods and locations along the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway, which opened just before the yard. Robroyston station opened around the same time, partly to serve the local area but also the yard.