This tramway connected the Whiteinch Railway with the Scotstoun Shipbuilding Yard and other nearby works and sawmills.
Act passed. Built to service the [Barclay Curle Shipyard], Charles Connel and Co Ltds shipyard and Wylie and Lochheads cabinet and sawmill at Whiteinch, the connection across Dumbarton road to the works being provided by the Whiteinch Tramway
Act passed. Continuation of [Whiteinch Railway] to various works
Opened as a branch from the Stobcross Railway from an east facing Whiteinch Junction. Railway operated by North British Railway and tramway by the Wood brothers.
|/ /1875||Whiteinch Tramway|
Horse haulage replaced by steam as loads heavy; coal, iron plate.
Wood Brothers liquidated and operation taken over by A and G Anderson using [North British Railway] engines and crew.
|/ /1916||Whiteinch Tramway|
[North British Railway] takes over operation.
These locations are along the line.
This was a passenger terminus opened next to an existing goods station. The terminus was added to the Whiteinch Railway branch of 1874 alongside, and to the east of, the goods yard and interchange point with the Clydeside Tramway.