This was a passenger terminus opened next to an existing goods station. The terminus was added to the Whiteinch Railway branch of 1874 alongside, and to the east of, the goods yard and interchange point with the Clydeside Tramway.
It was a two platform island platform station. Each platform had a loop. The station building had large glazed canopies.
A signal box opened with the passenger station. This was at the north end of the station, east side of the line, just south of the Danes Drive overbridge.
It was opened in 1896 by the North British Railway to counter the development of the new Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway and its Whiteinch Riverside station by the Caledonian Railway.
The station closed to passengers in 1951. The box survived until 1958. The line survived for goods only until around 1968.
Nothing remains of the station, the site having been subsumed into Victoria Park. The trackbed is now a footpath. The Danes Drive bridge still stands.
Scotstoun Show Yard
King George V Dock Platform
Hyndland Power Box
| Scotstoun Goods|
Scotstoun Shipbuilding Yard
North British Engine Works
Clydeside Iron Works
Scotstoun Iron Works
Albion Motor Works
Clydeholm Shipbuilding Yard
Harland and Wolff Engineering Works
Hyndland West Junction
Great Western Laundry
King George V Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Act passed. Built to service the Barclay Curle Shipyard, Charles Connel and Co Ltd's shipyard and Wylie and Lochhead's cabinet and sawmill at Whiteinch Victoria Park, the connection across Dumbarton Road to the works being provided by the Whiteinch Tramway.
Line opened to passengers. New Whiteinch Victoria Park station opened. New connection put in to the west of Jordanhill station and west to north spur opened.
Whiteinch Victoria Park to Jordanhill closed to passengers.
Whiteinch Victoria Park to Jordanhill closed to freight. The line was used for construction trains during the Glasgow North Bank Electrification Scheme.